- Collagen is a type of a protein found in the body that plays a role in tendon, skin, bone, and hair health.
- It is primarily found in animal products or dietary supplements.
- The different types of collagen are Type I, II, III, and IV.
- Collagen can also be found in peptide or hydrolyzed form.
- When taking as a supplement, 10,000mg should be taken daily. The supplement should also contain various forms of collagen.
- Collagen supplementation has no known side effects.
- The best comprehensive collagen supplement is Radiance by BrickHouse Nutrition.
Collagen supplements seems to be all the rage the past few years and for good reason. Claims of improved joint, skin, hair, and gut health are hard not to get excited about. Seriously, who doesn’t want to look and feel 10 years younger?
But not so fast Kemosabe! Not everything you read about collagen is true so we’re here to set the facts straight using some serious science.
In this article we’ll break down what collagen is, the different types, the benefits, how much you should be taking daily, and how to identify a good collagen supplement.